Swedish saffron bun on a stick
How about cozy opportunities outdoors in front of the fire and make your own bun in the form of grilled saffron bun on a stick. Imagine stick bread but with saffron in the dough, just spin the dough around the stick, fire for about 5 minutes and then brush on a little melt butter and then sprinkle with sugar.
1 g saffron (preferably pistils)
2 tablespoons alcohol
50 g eco yeast (25 gr if you ferment overnight)
5 dl eco milk
150 g room temperature eco butter
2 dl eco sugar
1 teaspoon salt
13 dl eco wheat flour of good variety/spring wheat flour
2 dl raisins or other dried berries
- Put the saffron in a cup with 2 tablespoons of alcohol for a while before you bake
- Melt the butter together with the saffron, add the milk and lukewarm to 30-37 degrees. (If you are going to use the dough the next day, then make the dough with cooled milk and butter)
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl, pour over the dough liquid as well sugar and mix until the yeast has dissolved.
- Mix in almost all the flour as well as the salt and work the dough until it releases easily from the edges. Let rise to double size, about 30-60 minutes or plastic bowl and leave to rise overnight in the fridge).
- Let ferment to double size, about 30-60 minutes or plastic bowl and leave to rise overnight in the fridge)
- Roll the dough thinly on a stick and grill for at least 5 minutes. Melt butter over the fire in a small saucepan, brush on butter and sprinkle on sugar.
Good luck and hope you get a cozy time outdoors!