NOTECare about Lundhags Waterproof
It´s important to care for your shell garments. Because we don´t use any flourocarbons in our DWR-treatments (Dirt & Water Resistant), it´s extra important to keep it clean and impregnated to retain its water resistance and breathability. The pores that lets moisture out while also keeps water out, looses their functionality from dirt and sweat that clogs these pores with time. This is why the garment needs to be washed regularly.
After washing, the garment need to be reimpregnated to keep its waterproofness. The best impregnation method for waterproof shells is spray, it creates a water resistant surface, but putting ”wash-in” impregnation directly in your washing machine also works. The impregnation is re-activated with heat-treatment, however this is not entirely easy. To much heat can affect the garments taped seams. This is why we don´t put the tumble dryer wash symbol in our shells.
What do I do if the garment breaks?
Since the shells have taped seams which is made with a machine, you need to contact a tailor who can apply taped seams.
How to Wash
- To be washed with similar colors
- Remove dirt before wash
- Close zipper/buttons before washing
- Close velcro before washing
- Do not use softener or chlorine
- Wash 40 degree, Do not dry clean
- Wash inside out
- Low dry tumble or No dry tumble - Follow care inf in garment
- Low ironing
- Follow care info in garment
- We recommend TOKO Eco Textile Wash and for reimpregnation Eco Wash-in Proof or Eco Textile Proof