Trekking Pant Guide
Choosing the right outdoor pant is not easy. The offer is big with varying functional fabrics, features and fits. Our designer has made a guide to help you navigate through Lundhags outdoor pants; here we outline some of the things to look for in each model before your next purchase. Function, comfort and longlasting is our main focuses. Developed for hiking or trekking with durability in mind to be a long lasting companion.
8 steps – What´s important when choosing your outdoor pant
- Comfort and ease of movement are fundamental here – that is why most of our pants have stretch panels over knees and seat areas.
- Breathability. Trekking is a low-pace activity and you often stay out for long so the importance of breathable and quick drying materials is crucial for the over-all experience. In addition to functional fabrics we add ventilation zippers to enhace air flow. Also pockets and fly works as vent openings.
- Reinforcements. During demanding trekking the pants are more exposed to harsh environments and the importance of reinforcments is even bigger.
- Sustainability is of great importance to us and is part of all product development and production. We choose durable recycled and/or organic materials to last over time.
- Wind- and water resistance. We don´t believe in a fully waterproof pants for trekking. The pant needs to be more breathable and we treat all our pants with a fluorocarbon free DWR making them repell water and dirt. For rainy days or occations we recommend you to bring a waterproof pant. Don´t be afraid of getting a bit wet, our garments are quick drying.
- Perfect fit for everyone. Diversity is important to us - what ever shape of body you have, favored size or fit, we strive to have at least one alternative that suits you. Makke, Authentic and Traverse are models that come in both long, short/wide sizing.
- Design. We want our products to be both long lasting and that you want to wear them over time – that is why we keep to a functional and classic design, sometimes with a modern twist.
- Colors. When it comes to colors we let the nature inspire us, as it never goes out of style. Our palette doesn´t change a lot, but of course we add few seasonal shades to create some new interest.
Lundhags hiking pants - from technical and advanced to simpler everyday pants
Below we have divided our most popular outdoor pants into different categories to make it easier for you to find your favourite – from technical trekking pants to simplier everyday styles:
Technical and lightweight trekking pants
Price level: 1700-2400 SEK
These are our most technical but lightweight pants for trekking – they all include stretch for ease of movement. They are all relatively light, with ventialtion possibilities and with breathable fabrics. The main material is a mix of recycled polyester and organic cotton. Perfect choice for spring/fall and summer conditions - add a base layer and use them also in winter time.
- Askro PRO is stretchy, durable and has several ventilations and a narrow fit. These hiking pants are perfect for a demanding ride in rugged terrain and at the same time provide free movement. Buy Askro
- Makke is our most popular pant, thanks to large stretch panels that makes it both durable and flexible to fit most body types – both straight and curved ones. This style has a sporty and technical narrow look. Comes in both long and short sizing and a lot of different colour combinations. Experience Makke Buy Makke
Belen is a simple softshell trousers in a stylish design and is perfect for hiking and an active outdoor life. Buy Belen at XXL
Askro is completely made of durable and double-woven stretch materials. They are light, stretchy and have ventilation zippers and a narrow fit. Buy Askro
Makke Light is designed for hiking during the warmer time of the year and combines functional and stretchy materials to provide both durability and freedom of movement. Buy Makke Light
- Lykka ZippOff For you who wants a covertible alternative we offer Lykka Zipoff. Perfect companion on the hike or travel as it saves space and reduces weight in your back pack. Buy Lykka Zip Off
Technical trekking pants for fall/winter
Price: 2500-3200 SEK
Technical pants in sturdier material with waterproof panels makes these pants more durable and weather resistant. The main material is a mix of recycled polyester and organic cotton and has a wax treatment for enhanced weather protection. Fully featured with spacious pockets, venting possibilities and breathable fabrics. Perfect for fall and winter tours. Regular fit with room for base layer underneath.
- Makke Pro has the design DNA from our popular Makke Pant but in a more weather resistant material mix. Large stretchy, waterproof panels over knees and seat makes this the obvious choice for trekking in colder, more unstable seasons. Buy Makke PRO
- Abisku hybrid bib pant is designed for winter touring. Mixing rugged and durable materials with great characteristics providing a robust shield against the elements. Waterproof fabrics in exposed areas also include stretch for freedom of movement. Featured with roomy thigh pockets,several ventilation options regulate airflow and snow gaiters for maximum protection. Buy Abisku hybrid bibi pant
Durable outdoor/ trekking pants
Price: 1700-2400 SEK
These outdoor pants are reliable, with slighly heavier and more durable fabrics. The main material is a mix of recycled polyester and organic cotton. Very popular among dog and horse activities.
Designed for trekking but suitable for all kinds of outdoor activities such as bush crafting and gardening.
- Authentic is our most durable pant. Large stretch panels provides unlimited flexibility outdoors. Classic design with multiple practical features. Available in long and short/wide sizing. Buy Authentic
- Traverse is a popular classic. This is our first stretch hybrid pant where we combine solid and stretch fabrics for durability and ease of movement. It has of course been refined over the years in line with our sustainability work. Available in long and short/wide sizing. Find Traverse at XXL
- Jamtli (Mens only) Robust, durable and featured in a subtle look. Fully made out of Lundhags Polyester Cotton mix, with a waxed surface for enhaced weather resistance. It only gets better the more it´s used! Buy Jamtli
Fulu Cargo stretch hybrid Pant is a versatile pant made for any adventures, workdays or strolls. The durable mix of fabrics deliver both function and style in order to achieve the best performance and comfort. Buy Fulu Cargo pant
Price: 1500 SEK
After observing more and more women hiking in their training tights we decided to develop and design a tight for demaning trekking.
Tausa tight is the result where we combine functional materials and freedom of movement with thought-through details in a new silouette. Buy Tausa tight
Simplier outdoor/hiking pants
Price: 1000-1500 SEK
Of course, we are also developing less advanced but still very functional outdoor pants. The ones that easliy becomes a versatile favorite and not only beeing used in the outdoors but also for everyday life.
Below styles are proof of that, all with functionality and versatility in common.
- Avhu has quickly become a popular instep among our stretch hybrid pants. Slightly narrower fit but still with ease of movement thanks to strategically placed stretch panels. Find Avhu at XXL